Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Friday, September 20 2024 @ 03:29 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

New stories saved but not displayed.

Belatu-Cadros

Anonymous
I have been using geeklog for over a year without any problems. Recently,when I add a new story as a Story Admin, the story will get added to the database but will not be displayed on the front page or in the topic page in which the story was added. I can veiw and edit the story from the story admin page and can edit the stories that appear with out any problems. I have also noticed that the number of stories in the topic block is not updated.

If I story is submited to the submission queue by a non-story admin, when accepted it will appear properly and the topic block is updated.

What I've tried:
-change story permissions
-change the group the story belongs to
-verified register_globals = On
-upgrade to v1.3.8-1 from v1.3.8
-fresh iinstall of v1.3.8-1

Any help would be appreciated.
Belatu-Cadros

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
It could either be a permissions problem with those stories (did you check the topic permissions?) or you simply saved those stories in draft mode accidentally. bye, Dirk

Belatu-Cadros

Anonymous
Hi Dirk, All the topics that I\'ve tried have full permissions (so do the stories) and I tried toggling that draft mode flag. Still no luck in getting the new stories to display. Thanks anyway, Belatu-Cadros

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
What about the date of those stories? Is it in the future or in the past?

bye, Dirk

Belatu-Cadros

Anonymous
All of the stories are in the past. I also checked the date on the server, it's correct. Any new stories are not being created in the future.

Belatu-Cadros

All times are EDT. The time is now 03:29 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content