Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Sunday, October 06 2024 @ 08:40 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Intro/Body fields for Story Submission

vinny

Site Admin
Admin
I'm just starting to setup my own geeklog site and I noticed that for users not in the StoryAdmin group, when submitting a story, only have the "Story" text block and "Title" to fill in rather than the "Title", "Intro", and "Body" sections.

Is there a reason for it being this way? Is there a way to make it so users have the Intro and Body fields to work in? This is definitely a feature that I'd like to have and would be willing to work on. I would like some input on this first though.

Thanks,
Vinny

maximus

Anonymous
On my site, as I and my other admins are rather busy, we took the "user education" way out and posted a styleguide in our static pages and make all the users read it. We tell then to write thier own six line intro at the top of thier story as the first paragraph. Then we just copy/paste the part under that, edit, and approve. This works really well, as we edit for readability, correcting major errors and grammar errors before we approve a story. We also screen content for acceptability (i.e. if we find it offensive, it goes.)

All times are EDT. The time is now 08:40 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content