Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Friday, October 18 2024 @ 07:26 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Gallery again...

Euan

Forum User
Having completed the fresh install of GL in 5 minutes, installed gallery in another 5 minutes, I am failing to integrate the two. I get stuck with 1064: You have an error in your SQL syntax near 'WHERE username = 'Admin'' at line 1 The error log has Sat Jul 6 11:35:09 2002 - 1064: You have an error in your SQL syntax near 'WHERE username = 'Admin'' at line 1 SQL in question: SELECT uid,fullname,email FROM WHERE username = 'Admin' Which seems odd - there is no reference to the table name. Any ideas? Tables have the gl_ prefix which I have edited into the integration kit from Blaine. phpwebhosting.com Linux evo 2.4.18-5smp #1 SMP Mon Jun 10 15:19:40 EDT 2002 i686 unknown Apache/1.3.26 (Unix) PHP/4.2.1 mod_gzip/1.3.19.1a MySQL Client API version 3.23.39 Any ideas? Euan.
-- Heather Engineering
-- No job too small

efarmboy

Forum User
Euan, I'm assuming the SQL error you have is being logged to the GL error log - thus is a GL error and not gallery ? Have you determined which file is generating the error? Do you also have the random gallery block setup - possibly disable to remove this as a possible source When is the error occur - as soon as you launch GL or only when you go to gallery? And one final question: what version of GL and Gallery are you using? Cheers, Blaine

Anonymous

Anonymous
Sorry - I should have given you more information. I'm assuming the SQL error you have is being logged to the GL error log - thus is a GL error and not gallery ? * GL error log so I think it is a GL error. Have you determined which file is generating the error? * It seems to be from line 35 of gallery/classes/geeklog/User.php which comes right after global $_TABLES; $result = DB_query("SELECT username,fullname,email FROM {$_TABLES['gl_users']} WHERE uid = '$uid'"Wink; Do you also have the random gallery block setup - possibly disable to remove this as a possible source * Disabled: no effect. When is the error occur - as soon as you launch GL or only when you go to gallery? * Error only occurs when I actually go to gallery - the phpblock for gallery shows images perfectly, but when I click on the image or go to the top of gallery (http://g-comm.net/gallery) I get the same error. And one final question: what version of GL and Gallery are you using? * Geeklog 1.3.5SR1 and Gallery 1.3 Thanks again, Euan.

efarmboy

Forum User
Euan, Can you double check the syntax on line 35 - The $result=DB_query .... line. Remove any return so it's only one line incase there is some odd formating in there. This function only appears to execute when I try to modify album permissions. I placed a debug stmt in the function and it did not get called to View albums. Try adding a few debug lines. I like to use the COM_errorLOG function that outputs to the error.log file. Not sure if these examples will display properly once GL processes them but here are some examples: COM_errorLOG("TABLES[users] is: " . $_TABLES['users']); or output the SQL command COM_errorLOG("SELECT username,fullname,email FROM " . $_TABLES['users'] . "WHERE uid = " . $uid); Blaine

Anonymous

Anonymous
Ahem. I don't think I really want to admit this, but I'll come clean if you promise not to shout at me. Okay? Okay. The whole thing was my mistake. I actually tried almost everything you suggested, and finally realised I'd been stupid. It really wasn't necessary to change the table names to gl_xxx... that's the whole point of the $_TABLES global. Oops. Sorry. Penance? I'll get those Chinese and Korean language files translated for the team. m(_ _)m

efarmboy

Forum User
No problem and I bet you learned something in the process. Blaine

All times are EDT. The time is now 07:26 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content