Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Friday, October 18 2024 @ 03:33 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

Trouble installing

Frank

Anonymous
I just downloaded GeekLog and received some problems with GeekLog. I'm running on a web host, not my personal server.
I get this error when installing:

Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_CONSTANT_ENCAPSED_STRING in /home/virtual/site11/fst/home/rsncc/public_html/lib-common.php on line 2574 Fatal error: Cannot instantiate non-existent class: template in /home/virtual/site11/fst/home/rsncc/public_html/lib-common.php on line 329

How do I solve the problem? I'm a first time user of GeekLog, although I've tried other CMS like phpNuke.
You can contact me directly at frank@cncammo.techgate.net
Thanks in advance!

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Which version are you trying to install there? I'm asking because the line numbers don't quite match the code from Geeklog 1.3.5sr1 (which is the current version). The second error may be caused by a path error. Please make sure that you've set up $_CONF['path'] (in your config.php) correctly. The first error is a bit more dubious ... My guess is that either you have a typo somewhere (either in config.php or when you changed the path in lib-common.php) or that the lib-common.php file got corrupted. Corruption of the lib-common.php is usually caused by unpacking the tarball with WinZip or by editing the file with Dreamweaver (or any other WYSIWYG editor). If you did use either of these, please try again (start with a fresh copy of your lib-common.php) by using WinRAR or a "plain text" editor such as Notepad ... If that doesn't help, I'd suggest you come into IRC (irc.openprojects.net, channel #geeklog), since that's usually the fastest way to sort out problems like these. bye, Dirk

Anonymous

Anonymous
Thanks for the reply. It really helps. Although the problem is now resolved, I got another error:

Warning: fputs(): supplied argument is not a valid File-Handle resource
in /home/virtual/site11/fst/home/rsncc/public_html/lib-common.php on line 711

Warning: fputs(): supplied argument is not a valid File-Handle resource
in /home/virtual/site11/fst/home/rsncc/public_html/lib-common.php on line 712

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid File-Handle resource
in /home/virtual/site11/fst/home/rsncc/public_html/lib-common.php on line 713

I peeped into lib-common.php and saw these lines:

fputs ( $file, "n");
fputs ( $file, "n");
fclose( $file );

How do I solve this problem?

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
These errors are caused by Geeklog's attempt to write to the backend/geeklog.rdf file. So you forgot to set the permissions for that file and/or directory properly. Please chmod 775 both the backend directory AND the file geeklog.rdf in that directory. bye, Dirk

Frank

Anonymous
Thanks Dirk! I managed to get my first GL to work!

All times are EDT. The time is now 03:33 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content