Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Saturday, September 07 2024 @ 08:25 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

Geeklog (and plugins) qualified for PHP 4.2.3?

47ronin

Forum User
Geeklog worked fine for me with PHP 4.1.2 but as soon as I upgraded to PHP 4.2.3 strange problems occured. The Gallery Random Photo block broke, and I was forced to remove it manually from mySQL because Geeklog wouldn't allow me to login using ANY account nor could I create a user. Fortunately, I was able to get a hold of a 4.1.2 build of libphp4.so and everything is back to normal. Anyone have any success stories with PHP > 4.1.2 ?

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
The maintainer of PHP for MacOS X has confirmed a problem that I ran into earlier today: Approving stories from the moderation page did not work. While debugging this, I found that the variable which should have contained the word "approve" did only contain "ove". The effect went away after downgrading to PHP 4.1.2. Now, it looks like this is a problem with either PHP 4.2.3 or the PHP module for MacOS X (but not with Geeklog). So if anyone here has Geeklog 1.3.5sr1 or 1.3.6rc1 running on PHP 4.2.3 (on anything other than MacOS X) could you please report if approving stories from the submission queue works for you or not? Thanks. bye, Dirk

zakame

Anonymous
I've got the latest stable version of GeekLog installed in my system, as well as PHP 4.2.3. Works fine for me.

All times are EDT. The time is now 08:25 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content