Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Saturday, September 07 2024 @ 11:42 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

1.3.5 Login Problem?

nurseryboy

Forum User
Chatty
Hello,

I have been having a problem with the login in my GL (version 1.3.5). Whenever the user logs in from the login page (users.php?mode=login) sometimes they are not redirected to the index page even when they get logged in and their cookies set. I am beginning to think it may have something to do with the browser though? Because the redirecting works fine for me on one of our computers, but on the others it doesn't. Mr. Gxblock suggested that I ask you guys. I am not sure what the problem is, so.. hopefully you guys can help.

Thanks,
Matthew

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
If you already suspect this to be a browser issue, it would have helped if you mentioned with which browser it worked or not ... FWIW, I'm not aware of any problems with this. bye, Dirk

nurseryboy

Forum User
Chatty
Sorry about that,

I mentioned the possibilty of the browser as more of a question than a statement. I didnt know if this had been an issue already that had been addressed and me mentioning the possiblity of the browser reminding you of it.

Oh well, just for the record.. all but one (4) of the browsers are the latest IE v6 SP1 on winXP.. the other is IE 5 on win98SE. The one redirecting works on is one of the xp's. The other 3 xp's and 1 98 do not redirect properly.

That is why I was wondering.. asking.. if the browser may have something to do with it. Obviously it doesnt look that way, but who knows? Sometimes weird stuff happens. I also noticed that the redirecting doesnt work at all on the geeklog site on any of our computers. Again, must be a problem on our side.. possibly browser or os version? (installed the same over our network). Didnt know if you had seen this before.

Thanks for the help,
Let me know if you think of anything.
Matthew

All times are EDT. The time is now 11:42 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content