Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Friday, September 20 2024 @ 11:23 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

Cant submit or change password

Steverino

Anonymous
A couple of problems here. I log-in (doesn't make any difference whether it's me or Admin). The home page shows that I am logged in, but I cannot change my password. There is no Account Info option in the User Functions box. Also I am unable to submit a story. The story create page doesn't recognize me as being logged-in, trying to log-in again just returns me to the home page. Appreciate any suggestions, I've made sure that all permissions are correct & tested, I've checked globals is on (and server restarted). Thanks

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Sound like the old "www" vs. "non-www" problem ... When you log in to your site, make sure that you use the URL that you set in $_CONF['site_url'], i.e. if that URL includes a "www", then don't try to log in under the URL without the www ... bye, Dirk

Steverino

Anonymous
http://zaphod/gl is the URL (internal network) so no www needed. Even tho register_globals is On in all the php.ini files (/etc & apache/conf) the install script is telling me it's off. I even put an .htaccess file in the gl root but that didn't work either. Yes I did restart the server each time, but to no avail. Any suggestions ? Thanks

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Hmm, can you check if it sets a cookie at all? You may want to play around with the cookie settings in config.php as well ... bye, Dirk

Steverino

Anonymous
Dirk, thanks for your continued support. It appears that I'm not getting a cookie sent in any environment. I have made sure that the cookie domain name is the same as I am logging into http://zaphod/gl but still nothing. The home page shows me as an onlie user (either me or admin) but thats it. FYI php=4.2.2 apache=2.0.42 geeklog=1.3.6 I know I shouldn't say this as it may invalidate my support ;-)but I have also tried a different weblog (korweblog) and that works fine and sends a cookie as expected. I've looked around at other help stories re: cookies but haven't found anything that would help me. I havent changed any of the other cookie values.

Steverino

Anonymous
update: So I ran a packet sniffer on the win32 client and it seems that a cookie is being created, but never gets accepted by the browser (can't find it). I'm still a little confused by the install.php saying the register_globals is off when all other indications (php.ini) are that it is on....suggestions Thanks

All times are EDT. The time is now 11:23 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content