Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Wednesday, September 18 2024 @ 09:15 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

Looking for a generic database plugin

Ruatha

Forum User
Junior
Now that my site is sufficiently 'Geeked', I need to add a couple of similar features. Before striking out on my own to develop plugins, I'm wondering if there is a simple generic database plugin that could easily be customized for different purposes, sort of like the Universal Plugin. What I have in mind would be able to:
  • Display all records in table
  • Filter records by a search term (Boolean searches?)
  • View each record individually
  • New record "form" built on-the-fly from list of fields
  • New databases could be created just by adding the field names in a single config file.
  • Of course, all the access, layout, theme, etc. capabilities of Geeklog would apply as well.
The Contacts 1.0 Plugin comes the closest to what I have in mind. Any other Plugins out there that might work as a starting point?

phpsocialclub

Forum User
Junior
I am also about to start developing a database plug in for a music site I am geeking. I want to have the following features: Unlimited fields and custom field titles Search Engine Admin Menu Proper implementation of the user/group permission if anyone would like to team up on this project, send me a message
I work for a Wilmington NC Attorney

Anonymous

Anonymous
Check out the stats plugin. Most of the different views are created from one template. TomW

All times are EDT. The time is now 09:15 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content