Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Thursday, September 19 2024 @ 01:13 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

Fresh Install - Weird behaviour

superdave98

Forum User
Greetings, I have a couple other GeekLog installs running on Linux machines. This is my first one running Mac OS X. The install went fine. However, I'm seeing weird behavior in trying to use the site. The main pages come up fine. However, Admin can't edit users. If I try, the user's page simply reloads. I added a user, which seems to randomly appear and disappear from the list. Admin can't edit it when it is present. I'm able to move around the site, but I seem to have difficulty in anything that requires moving beyond that first level. I looked through the existing posts and don't find anything quite like this. I'm not seeing any error messages - anywhere. Mac OS X 10.2 Server MySQL 4.0.12 PHP 4.3.0 Apache 1.3.27 Any ideas? Thanks, Dave

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Sounds like you have register_globals = off, which is the default since PHP 4.2.0. Also, PHP on MacOS X does not come with a php.ini file (at least not the "consumer" version, not sure about "Server"Wink. So you will need to find out where it expects that file (call up admin/info.php, the path can be found in the first block) and create it there. bye, Dirk (on MacOS X)

superdave98

Forum User
Thanks Dirk! That was it. I had created php.ini and had the right setting, but I didn't realize that you needed to restart apache for it to take affect. Thanks for a all of your work on Geeklog. It's the greatest! Dave

All times are EDT. The time is now 01:13 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content