Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Friday, October 18 2024 @ 07:24 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Upgrade issue

Anonymous

Anonymous
I applied the latest stuff to my ol' 1.3.5 install. Everything went smooth, everything seems to work except the stories section. The admin account cannot read or edit the stories anymore. I get this message: Access Denied You do not have access to view this story. This could be because you aren't a member Any ideas?

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Do you mean the Admin or a Story Admin is getting this message? Permissions have been tightened a bit in recent releases, so it's important that the person who's trying to edit a story has the proper permissions for both the story and the topic the story was posted under. So check your permissions. bye, Dirk

Anonymous

Anonymous
I'm doing all this as Admin. It's just not editing permissions, I can't even read my own stories on the front page. http://www.nfocipher.org

Anonymous

Anonymous
Anyone else. Clearly says I have edit access to it, but won't let me see it. ie: --- 10 More of the sign! Edit No Admin Monday, February 24 2003 @ 03:08 PM CST No 11 The sinking ship Edit No Admin Friday, February 21 2003 @ 11:18 AM CST No --- Does the topic matter. I have no topics, never had. Is that a requirement now?

Anonymous

Anonymous
The upgrade has a better permission check now. So, yes you need a topic for your stories.

Anonymous

Anonymous
Yep, that was the problem. So for anyone who runs into the same issue: If you never defined any topics, the upgrade will break the site. Fix: Define some topics, your site will then report you have no stories. Manually edit the tid field in gl_stories and add the Topic ID to each one.

All times are EDT. The time is now 07:24 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content