Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Friday, October 18 2024 @ 02:29 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Censorship!

bren

Anonymous
I am having problems with the censorship of certain words on my site, after searching on here I have disabled all of the mentioned in the config.php file but its still there??? cheers...

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
What do you mean by "it's still there"? What happens? You can disable the censormode completely by setting $_CONF['censormode'] = 0; bye, Dirk

vinny

Site Admin
Admin
Once words are censored they can't be "uncensored". The words actually replaced in the database, rather than being re-replaced everytime a story is loaded. Is that what you were referring to in the article/question? -Vinny

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Yeah, that was probably what he was asking. Didn't think of that ... Actually, that is something I'd like to see changed in Geeklog 2 (don't think we can have it earlier): Anything the user enters should be stored verbatim in the database and should only be filtered on output. bye, Dirk

Rob

Anonymous
Iam totally confused. All I want to do is use the f word.

I did the config thing and went back and redid the story and put it in and it came back *censored*

Are you telling me I just can't use cursing or what's going on? Can someone explain this clearly?

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
If you remove the "f" word from config.php (or disable censoring altogether) and then edit your post or submit a new post, you should be able to use said word without it being censored.

bye, Dirk

All times are EDT. The time is now 02:29 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content