Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Friday, October 18 2024 @ 02:07 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

2 important question

binghe

Forum User
Hi here,I like your works very much I\'m a chinese in china Q1 :Have you considered the woblog run in different country and different time zone? Q2 :I\'m using simplified chinese language I have set the language to simplified chinese but When I visit it,It always appered wrong language Code http://netcenter.ws I do need your help very much LOL

Justin

Anonymous
Q1: The developers know the timezone needs to be fixed since this problem has been brought up by others a few times before. If you do a search, you\'ll find a couple hacks to get around this problem. Q2: The charset on your page shows iso-8859-1. I think this needs to be changed to UTF-8 in config.php. If you are running 1.3.8, I don\'t think it has an updated Chinese language file yet.

binghe

Forum User
I had changed $_CONF[\'default_charset\'] = \'gb2312\'; but it shows iso-8859-1 why needs to be changed to UTF-8 Question I did changed ,but it isn\'t work neither Yes.I\'m using 1.3.8 but I uploaded the chinese language file please help me again

binghe

Forum User
it\'s ok now I wish the different time zone\'s question will be fixed ASAP at last thanks

Justin

Anonymous
Oh, I didn\'t know gb2312 was the charset for simple Chinese. I\'m glad it works now. There are some differences in the language files between 1.3.7 and 1.3.8 which you may want to find and translate. You can change day/time by putting this in lib-common.php: if (!empty($_CONF[\'timezone\'])) { @putenv(\"TZ=\".$_CONF[\'timezone\']); } This only works in fixing the display day/time. There\'s another hack to fix the time for story submissions, but I\'m not sure if it works on 1.3.8.

All times are EDT. The time is now 02:07 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content