Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Thursday, September 19 2024 @ 09:44 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

how it could be?

luis

Anonymous
cheerful
Hi webmaster, i am newbie of istalling portal system like yours, i play around on your main page, i am really like it. but i have wuestion, what do i installed later will be like your showing on main page? or what do i installed later will be same like this site who using your portal ? http://www.scurvydawg.com how do i put the forum post link (recent discussion) in my main page ?like showed on http://www.scurvydawg.com. thank you for your help Luis

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
This site (geeklog.net) is running a standard install of Geeklog, so this is indeed what you would get if you installed it on your own site. The forum is a plugin, that you will need to install in addition to Geeklog. Actually, both Geeklog and the Forum are previews of upcoming releases. So if you\'re not in a hurry, you may want to wait a few days for the final versions of both (the forum block in the center is a new feature of those upcoming releases). scurvydawg.com is also running a standard install of Geeklog, as far as I can see. The only difference is that it uses another theme. Hope that answers your questions ... bye, Dirk

Luis

Anonymous
cheerful
Hi Dirk, thank you for your clearly answer, i understood for now, i am not in hurry to installed it to my site, but i will. i want to wait the new release if posible to get it. but i still have a little bit question, what do you mean \"plugin\" on your statement above (The forum is a plugin, that you will need to install in addition to Geeklog.) ? do you mean your geeklog and forum (with center block)that intalled on your main page now is new a release for preview only that are not availble for download now? if they do, i wil waitl this one..i like use it...Smile thank you for your patient answer, Luis

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Geeklog can be extended by installing additional software packages, called plugins. The forum is such a plugin, the downloads section that you can see here on the site is another. bye, Dirk

Luis

Anonymous
brainy
Hmmm.. I got it...thank you very much...and thank you for this Geeklog, ..greatest one

All times are EDT. The time is now 09:44 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content