Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Thursday, September 19 2024 @ 07:44 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

Set default story rights to logged in only

akerin

Forum User
Junior
What would I change to set make stories not readable by anon users by default - i.e. when writing a story, the checkbox for permissions for anon users would be not checked by default. On the same note how would I make the default cookie time out 1 year?? Thanks, Alex Kerin www.kerin.us

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Quote by akerin: What would I change to set make stories not readable by anon users by default - i.e. when writing a story, the checkbox for permissions for anon users would be not checked by default.
Uncheck that checkbox in the topic permissions. When a normal user submits a story, it automatically \"inherits\" the topic permission. As a (Story) Admin, however, you will need to set the permissions manually.
Quote by akerin:On the same note how would I make the default cookie time out 1 year?
The variable is $_CONF[\'default_perm_cookie_timeout\'] in config.php, the value is the time in seconds. bye, Dirk

akerin

Forum User
Junior
Gotcha. Thanks. The story admin thing explains why I thought it wasn\'t working. Alex.

emagin

Forum User
Regular Poster
I\'m not understanding this. I\'ve got a site that does not allow anonymous access at all. All logged_in users are added to a group called MEMBERS that has Story Admin rights. When they call up a new Contribute Story via /admin/story.php?mode=edit These are their default rights. New Story Default Rights Owner: Me Group: Story Admin Permissions: Owner R E Group R Members R Anonymous R Topic Permissions for the Default topic is set to: Owner R E Group R E Members R Anonymous How do I go about defaulting Anonymous to OFF (no read) for such an environment? I can\'t open the whole site up to Anonymous read, and don\'t want that to be an option in any scenario. How could I rearrange my groups permissions to not have this default happen while still protecting content from anon users?

DTrumbower

Forum User
Are you logged in as Admin? If you are, than the rights will have to be manully changed. If a non admin member submits a story, then the permissions are defaulted from the Topic permissions. Since it looks like you have anonymous unchecked for the topic, these member submissions should not be viewable by anonymous. It that any clearer?

All times are EDT. The time is now 07:44 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content