Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Friday, September 20 2024 @ 02:57 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Logout problem revisited

ronack

Forum User
I am in the process of upgrading my sites to 1.3.8 from 1.3.7 sr2 so I started with the newest site. I had a few issues that I had to resolve but now I can\'t seem to logout of the site. I saw this issue addressed before but didn\'t see an answer. I have deleted cookies but that didn\'t solve the problem. So what\'s up with it?

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Deleting the old (1.3.7) cookies will usually resolve this problem. bye, Dirk

ronack

Forum User
Nope guess again!! Which file creates the cookie?

ronack

Forum User
Here is what I\'m thinking, I could be wrong but it\'s worth a shot. Here is my cookie. LastVisit 1061071838 charlottebizonline.com/ 1024 2984198912 29655828 966137712 29582403 * My server requires a www. before the domain. My guess (and this is only a guess) is that the cookie would need it too. Is that possible?

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Most (but not all) cookie-related code is in lib-sessions.php. Also make sure that you\'ve really replace all of Geeklog\'s core files with the new versions. bye, Dirk

ronack

Forum User
Problem resolved, This was weird. I went into config and put in my domain including the www into $_CONF[\'cookiedomain\'] = \'\'; // e.g. \'.example.com\' so it looked like this $_CONF[\'cookiedomain\'] = \'www.charlottebizonline.com\'; // e.g. \'.example.com\' It then logged me out but then I couldn\'t log in. So I removed it so it again looked like this. $_CONF[\'cookiedomain\'] = \'\'; // e.g. \'.example.com\' Now everything works fine. Too Weird Geek

All times are EDT. The time is now 02:57 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content