Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Thursday, September 19 2024 @ 09:10 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

New Block

Bebo

Forum User
Junior
is there a way to seperate topics into 2 blocks? i would like to have some topics in their own block

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
You could create 2 \"normal\" blocks that list the topics you want there (and disable the built-in Topics block). If you want something more automatic, it shouldn\'t be too hard to clone COM_showTopics in lib-common.php and create 2 PHP blocks from it ... bye, Dirk

Bebo

Forum User
Junior
ok, call me a \"geek-newb\" i didnt know i could disable a default block but there was the checkbox ... big as life Geek also wasnt sure what to put in the content area of the new block, so i tried plain ol html and f@#$ me if it didnt work Mr. Green thanks dirk

chief123

Forum User
Chatty
Quote by Bebo: ok, call me a \"geek-newb\" also wasnt sure what to put in the content area of the new block, so i tried plain ol html and f@#$ me if it didnt work Mr. Green thanks dirk
Which block type did you try? For plain HTML it should be a normal type block. How did it mess you up?

Bebo

Forum User
Junior
hehe, it DID work, i guess my \"colorful\" figure-of-speech was confusing with a normal block and plain html links to the topics, it works fine, only the number of stories doesnt show, oh well thanks again for the help

All times are EDT. The time is now 09:10 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content