Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Thursday, September 19 2024 @ 09:27 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

GL Versus YaBB

D1

Forum User
Chatty
Hello everyone, GL and YaBB are different softwares but I wonder if it is posible to bridge both so that members can be using the same login ID. http://www.yabbforum.com/.
What an old man can see, a young man will never see even though he is standing at the top of the highest mountain.

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Try a search for \"YaBB\" ... bye, Dirk

D1

Forum User
Chatty
Thanks Pal, It worked but after loggin in to my GL website, YaBB still demand for password from me, even after I registered. Not withstanding your GL is great just like the YaBB\'s.
What an old man can see, a young man will never see even though he is standing at the top of the highest mountain.

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Quote by D1:It worked but after loggin in to my GL website, YaBB still demand for password from me, even after I registered.
The plugin only synchronizes (well, sort of) the user data, but you still need to log into each system separately. If you set the \"remember me\" options in both system to a long period, that shouldn\'t be too much of a problem in everyday use. bye, Dirk

D1

Forum User
Chatty
Cool, Would have prefered using the GL software through out as in web and forum wise, but a it\'s a little bit complicating to have members register in my site sucessfully is a concerning problem and the installation of the forum is an earthquarke. Thanks for the help all the same.

DTrumbower

Forum User
the installation of the forum is an earthquarke.
Less than five minutes, seems reasonable to me.

D1

Forum User
Chatty
I will eventually have to re install the GL, my proble is path specification. GL seem to have laid a particular path: /public_html/ and I don\'t want to use that.

samstone

Forum User
/public_html/ is just symbolic for the public accessible directory, it doesn\'t have to be that particular name depending on your web server. It could be /www/ or just nothing / at all. Get it? Sam

D1

Forum User
Chatty
Right... Thanks for the Hint Sam... Have any idea about the GL Registration Process? GL is so massive that I get fedup of going through the manuals. Just need a direct assistance. I did the mailin test on my server and it worked and yet people can\'t register on my website successfully cos\' their registration passwor d and user name is only sent to me instead of them: So I had to abandone registration for now, so Iget people to register through my YaBB Forum which is quite unprofessional. Accept my gratitude for your assistance.

samstone

Forum User
GL is no massive. It is powerful, just like any powerful engine that comes with complicated documentation. So don\'t be discouraged. After you get used to it, you will love it. As for the user submission problem, it must have to do with your settings in the config.php. Check out the user submission settings.
// enable (set to 1) or disable (set to 0) submission queues: $_CONF[\'storysubmission\']= 1; $_CONF[\'linksubmission\'] = 1; $_CONF[\'eventsubmission\']= 1; $_CONF[\'usersubmission\'] = 0;
Did you set the last one to \'1\'? If so the user will not receive an email until you approve the submission. Sam

D1

Forum User
Chatty
Yeah thanks for that... User submission is working perfectly. I only mean Users\' Registration for Password etc. Regards.

All times are EDT. The time is now 09:27 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content