Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Thursday, September 19 2024 @ 09:45 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

where to find DB Access error?

tokyoahead

Anonymous
Hi, where can I find the error-msg that is displayed when the DB is not accessible? I think it would be a nice idea to put that text as an option into the config.php. Thanks.

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
That error message comes from PHP and / or MySQL, so you can\'t change it in Geeklog. bye, Dirk

tokyoahead

Anonymous
ah ok, would\'t it be a good idea to make a pre-check for the user if the database is live and display a \"Not available\"-msg to the user? I guess it would be better, since the user does not have to know the exact cause for the outage. I know, I can implement this myself into the index.php, but I would like to have something like that also for deep links.

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Well, I guess that would be possible but I don\'t really see the need for it. If your database is down often, you may want to think about changing your hosting service. For planned outages, there\'s the $_CONF[\'site_enabled\'] flag (and accompanying message) in config.php. bye, Dirk

tokyoahead

Anonymous
its true, I should rather check for the source of the problem, but I guess a DDOS attack can happen everywhere, or worms etc. I just think its in general not good to display system errors to the user. I rather have them in a logfile, and a general statement to the user.

All times are EDT. The time is now 09:45 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content