Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Friday, September 20 2024 @ 12:15 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Broke it...No user blocks

aladdin

Anonymous
I\'ve been playing with Geeklog 1.3.8-1 for a couple of weeks now. I\'ve installed the Forum, FAQManager, Menu, and the latest version of Weather. Also have the Axonz theme running (very nice!). It\'s been great, but I did something yesterday and now when I log in as admin, or a registered user, the blocks don\'t change. If I do a refresh, it shows that I am logged in, but I still only see the blocks that are available to anonymous users. I can\'t get in to the Admin area to turn them back on. Has anyone seen this before? What did I do? and more importantly, what can I do to get back in? I have backed up the database a couple of times, but if one can get to the admin area, how does one restore? --TIA!

lean4huskytop

Anonymous
looks lilke you are f...ed oh man... Nothing like that happened to me but you just never know I have 2 users with admin priviledges but not sure if that woudl help if similar thing happens

samstone

Forum User
It\'s been great, but I did something yesterday and now when I log in as admin, or a registered user, the blocks don\'t change.
Have you been playing with the database? If it is the database, then use the PHPmyAdmin to manually switch on the permissions. It will be helpful to tell us what you have been playing with between then and now. The last time I was locked out was after integrating with 4images, merging users that somehow messed up the admin user table, and I had to manually put it back. Sam

DTrumbower

Forum User
Can you go directly to http://yourdomain/138/admin/block.php or http://yourdomain/138/admin/moderation.php

aladdin

Anonymous
One of the recent changes I had made was trying to install 4images. I hadn\'t integrated it with Geeklog, I only got as far as creating the 4images database and user and running the install. I was having problems accessing the 4images database, so I dropped DB and 4images user account. So that I could start over... I think it was around then that I started having problems accessing Geeklog as admin, but I\'m not sure. Anyway, I haven\'t changed anything since then, but I tried again this morning and it\'s working fine. Go figure... Thanks for all the suggestions. If it happens again, or if I have a more clear picture of what actually went wrong, I\'ll let you know.

All times are EDT. The time is now 12:15 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content