Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Friday, October 18 2024 @ 04:31 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Geeklog versus PhpNuke

lean4huskytop

Anonymous
I am sorry to all the PhpNuke folks for badmouthing you. I have just installed PhpNuke and its working very well. Yes it took me so much more time than GeekLog but its working good. I like the GeekLog permission model better, but with PhpNuke, you have so much more stuff to put on the site. I think to fully understand GeekLog you have to check out the other CMS portals, being it PhpNuke or PostNuke or even Envision. Geeklog is simple and clean, the others are full of bad stuff and in order for your application to work, you have to weed out the bad modules, plugings. All in all - I am excited about PhpNuke and their new release of PhpNuke 6.9 that comes with a shopping cart???? Can you believe that? Paul

Anonymous
Good luck. They distribute releases every month which will make your site very hard to maintain. The official 6.9 has not been released to the non-paying public yet. This version does not contain a shopping cart. Someone hacked OSCommerce into PhpNuke and then stopped development. Someone else took his code and is trying to make a go of it. He\'s been promising to release this thing for over a month. If you run into problems, you\'ll have to depend on him because neither PHPNuke or OSCommerce communities will support it. It\'s not a clean module where you can easily upgrade next month when 7.0 is released or the following month when 7.1 is released. 7.0 alpha was just released for testing with the paying club members. If you use it, you\'ll be tied to an old version unless he can keep up with the monthly releases.

Anonymous
There is a kind of user who occassionally comes here, tries GL for a bit and when things don\'t go completely well for him he actually gets upset. Then he is compelled to tell everyone how great phpNuke is vs GL (as if he really thinks this is true Rolling Eyes ). Like phpNuke\'s code, phpNuke users seem to be quite rough and undisciplined. GL users seem so much more rational and soberminded -- just like GL\'s code. Fancy that!

All times are EDT. The time is now 04:31 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content