Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Thursday, September 19 2024 @ 05:53 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

Hide Menu Items

Andrew

Anonymous
Hi, How do I hide the menu items from the guest users. In specific, I would like to allow only the members access to the Links. Thank you, Andrew K.

exaurdon

Forum User
Regular Poster
Which menu are you refering to? I am going to assume that you are talking about the \'link\' button on the header bar. Aside from editing the associated php files, I don\'t think there is a built-in method for removeing the button. However, the links themselves can be given permissions. Just uncheck the anonymous permission on the link, and it will be unaccesible unless you are logged in. (Yes, you can still reach the links page, but it will be blank, or I suggest making a \'register\' link that doesn\'t show up for logged in users, but lets other users know that they need to register). This is actually much more secure that simply removing the link button from the front page.

Andrew

Anonymous
Thanks, I never thought of that; I think it is a much wiser and simpler way to go. Andrew K.

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
There\'s also a host of variables in config.php that lets you block access for anonymous users to certain portions of the site. Setting $_CONF[\'linksloginrequired\'] = 1; would prevent anonymous users from accessing the links section. See the documentation for details. bye, Dirk

All times are EDT. The time is now 05:53 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content