Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Wednesday, September 18 2024 @ 09:28 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

Lang file problems

ldthomas

Forum User
Hi: I am trying to help someone trying to get their site running in Norwegian. He translated the english.lang file, and I cannot find any problems with it. The site loads fine. But when he tries to log in he get a quick series of errors (a sample follows) and then he is not logged in. It does not go to the wrong login screen. It just doesn\'t log him in. He is running GL 1.3.7 sr2. Partial listing of error: Warning: Cannot add header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/virtual/site95/fst/home/admin/language/norwegian.php:1116) in /home/virtual/site95/fst/home/admin/system/lib-sessions.php on line 277 Warning: Cannot add header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/virtual/site95/fst/home/admin/language/norwegian.php:1116) in /home/virtual/site95/fst/var/www/html/users.php on line 669 Any ideas? THANKS! -- David

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Check for whitespace at the end of the file, i.e. make sure that
Text Formatted Code
?>
are the last two characters in the file. bye, Dirk

ldthomas

Forum User
Brilliant! That was it. I will see if I can get him to completely translate the file. Then I\'ll submit it for anyone who needs a Norwegian lang set. Thanks!

ldthomas

Forum User
Hello: I thought this problem was solved, but now there is something else. Since installing the norwegian.lang file, and deleting the whitespace at the end of the file, it loads properly, I can log in, but now I cannot post stories. The new story editor comes up, but when I click on SAVE or PREVIEW, it simple pops to the story list, no new story. I don\'t know if this is realted, but I tried rolling back to the english.lang file to make sure it was lang file related. After updating the config.php and deleting all cookies, I noticed that the english file appeared to be in use. But after logging in, all of the language reverted to Norwegian. Any ideas? Thanks! David

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Quote by ldthomas:The new story editor comes up, but when I click on SAVE or PREVIEW, it simple pops to the story list, no new story.
If the buttons still say \"save\" and \"preview\" instead of the Norwegian words for it, then you\'re using a theme that hasn\'t been updated for the current version of Geeklog. Try one of the default themes, they will probably work. See the themes documentation for a complete list of changes. For starters, delete the theme\'s entire admin directory and replace it with the admin directory from one of the standard themes. You may find other problems, but that should at least let you save stories (and other things). bye, Dirk

All times are EDT. The time is now 09:28 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content