Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Saturday, September 07 2024 @ 09:34 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

No Errors!! But...nothing but white screens!?!

Jamashawan

Anonymous
I\'ve got my paths and urls correct so far as I can see, and not returning any errors. I went through the two initial setup pages, and landed on the success.php page...but it was totally blank...just a white screen. A quick check on my server showed that GL did create the tables in my database. so... I browsed to /admin/install/check.php ... for another white screen, so... I went to /myblog/public_html/index.php ... and another white screen...so... To clarify:    --I CHMOD\'d all files to 777 for the install...then down to 775 after the success page.    --Step 1 of /public_html/admin/install/install.php went through the first time. (Thanks for the path detector!)    --Step 2 of /public_html/admin/install/install.php page gave me 3 errors...(all path related) but one by one, they worked out. Any ideas on what I should look for or do!? Thank you for your time and effort! Jamashawan

Jamashawan

Anonymous
A super-careful upload (paying attn: to the ascii/binary format) the software works...well at least I\'ve got the main page up. No graphics, but it\'s up!

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Quote by Jamashawan:No graphics
Two reasons I can think of:
  1. make sure the site_url variable in config.php is set correctly (check the URLs of the images in the HTML source in your browser)
  2. since you had problems with the upload: Make sure you upload all the images directory as binary
bye, Dirk

All times are EDT. The time is now 09:34 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content