Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Saturday, September 07 2024 @ 09:30 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

title length of forum topics

t.bag

Anonymous
The forum overview on the homepage (the 5 recent posts) cuts the topic titles, which makes sense for layout reasons. But while you can see the topic titles in full length on the (actual) geeklog forum, on my forum, they have the same length as in the recent posts block , which doesn't look nice with all the space available. Now how can I prevent the topic titles from being shortened?

destr0yr

Forum User
In the Forum Settings, change the Title Length to 80 or 90 characters.
-- destr0yr
"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." -- Douglas Adams

t.bag

Anonymous
Hey cool, thank you (how could I overlook this?)

But there's no way to change the title length of the 5 recent posts, right? It's not that important, I'm just curious.

xspace

Forum User
Regular Poster
Quote by t.bag: Hey cool, thank you (how could I overlook this?)

But there's no way to change the title length of the 5 recent posts, right? It's not that important, I'm just curious.

Why dun you, probably as the Admin. Edit the post. I believe that will work rite?
Die young, stay Pretty

Blaine

Forum User
Quote by t.bag: But there's no way to change the title length of the 5 recent posts, right? It's not that important, I'm just curious.

Your are referring to the centerblock I think. This is a config option in the code for the block. Look in plugins/forum/functions.inc for the plugins_centerblock_forum function and change the setting for subject_limit.
Text Formatted Code

function plugin_centerblock_forum($where=1,$page=1,$topic ='') {
    global $_CONF, $_USER, $_TABLES, $LANG_GF01, $LANG_GF02, $mode, $order, $PHP_SELF;
    $post_limit="7";        // How many posts you want displayed
    $subject_limit="30";    // The length of characters of the subject you want displayed
    $pi_name = 'forum';     // Plugin name
    $img_dir = $_CONF['layout_url'] . "/forum/image_set";
    $retval = '';

Geeklog components by PortalParts -- www.portalparts.com

All times are EDT. The time is now 09:30 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content