Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Saturday, September 07 2024 @ 09:51 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

Can you convert PHPbb to geeklog forums

network23

Anonymous
I like what I see here. I have an established site that has a PHPbb forum and would like to know if its possible to convert my PHPbb forums to the geeklog forums, bringing over all the forums, topics, posts, users, and accounts so, should I decide to switch to the geeklog system, the users would not lose all their posts and would have to reregister all over again?

DTrumbower

Forum User
People have done it before. I even did it, but I don't have the scripts anymore.

Tony might have a solution for you.

sput

Anonymous
I am also interested, I have a site running only phpbb at the moment. I have installed geeklog on my test site and I like what I see.. What I would like to do is implement geeklog and use a static link to the forums, however I would like to "import" I guess my users to geeklog so they have the same login for both sections..

Any help is appreciated

ObiOne

Anonymous
indeed... does someone has the scripts? tried google them... nuthing.

Tony

Site Admin
Admin
I did have something long ago but it appears I have lost it. Mine was based on the 1.x branch of phpBB not 2.0 so if you are using 2.0 what I did have wouldn't have been much use.

FWIW, if you know PHP and anything about databases then converting the data isn't that hard...that hardest part is bringing in your users but, again, that isn't impossible either.
The reason people blame things on previous generations is that there's only one other choice.

geeklog-fan

Anonymous
too bad it would have been nice to have my old messages on geeklog

GeekUser23

Anonymous
Check this here

Blaine

Forum User
If you really need the PHPBB migration to Geeklog then you may want to consider my contract services. As the author of the Forum plugin, I have written a few other migration scripts such as from Yabbse that also migrated the users at the same time.

Contact me for a quote if your interested.
Geeklog components by PortalParts -- www.portalparts.com

geeklog-fan

Anonymous
Quote by GeekUser23: Check this here

thanks, but that is not what I meant this doesn't convert a phpbb forum to a geeklog forum.. and also: it's for phpbb 2.03 My goal was to do it this way, but it doesn't work for phpbb 2.06 and all my phpbb mods don't like this script either

@Blaine

thanks for the tip.. I think I just put up with it

Rob

Anonymous
I need also a such solution, and if there is not any I will never be able to use Geeklog Sad A CMS Bridge wont help at all.

All times are EDT. The time is now 09:51 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content