Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Wednesday, September 18 2024 @ 10:13 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

Mysterious space

Mr. X

Forum User
curious
First of all, I think this is a browser issue. It happens in Konqueror; I can't duplicate it in Mozilla (on a Linux system). But I'm of a mind (as they say around these parts) that it shouldn't happen at all, so it nags at me.

I set up Geeklog on my computer to play around with "locally," to evaluate it. All the features I've looked at so far work great, except that when I view comments in the "Nested" format, I get an excessive amount of empty space under the "Reply to This" link on comments that are replies to other comments. This empty space takes up almost the entire height of a maximized browser window.

I've looked at the source code for the page and can't find anything that would force the browser to leave so much space. But, of course, that doesn't mean it's not there.

There's no problem with any comments that reply directly to the original article, and there's no problem with any comments if I display them in the "Flat" format.

Anyone else have this problem? Can anything be done about it?

Turias

Forum User
What theme?

Mr. X

Forum User
It's Digital Monochrome. Or, more accurately, a modification of it. So far, all I've done is change a couple background colors as part of playing around with it.

I've tried all the prepackaged themes, and it does the same thing on all of them.

Mr. X

Forum User
For what it's worth, in case anyone's interested, I found a fix. In lib-common.php, I deleted the "height="100%" attribute (for the image speck.gif) at line 2881.

This gives me a fix for Konqueror, and seems to make no difference in Mozilla.

But now... is there a reason why it should be left in for the benefit of other browsers?

All times are EDT. The time is now 10:13 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content