Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Wednesday, September 18 2024 @ 08:17 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

GL1.3.8-1sr4, forum 2.3RC3 woes

destr0yr

Forum User
Couples things:

I just wanted to create a general post for this. I have started threads here and @ portalparts.com, just wanted to centralize it and see if anybody else has noticed the problems.

1. With sr4 and forum 2.3 RC3, the extra user info does not save under that particular account. The same is true for this site. if you go into account info and try changing your location, aim, msn, yim, etc info and click "Save Information" the changes will be lost. Try it.

Reverting back to 1.3.8-sr3 fixes the issue, however, this leads me to #2.

2. (refering to forum 2.3rc3) For whatever reason, i have some type of "cross pollination" between two accounts. The two UID's are 576 and 423. User 423 has the info that 576 has entered into the extra user info. These problems occured when i went to sr4. This is the only example I have, and i believe Freakworld was trying to explain the same issue in one of the posts i linked above.

I am using sr3 and forum RC3 for now, and will dive into the code later to see the changes between sr3 and 4. (puts on his much limited tinfoil PHP/MySQL thinking cap)

Anybody, Please advise Question Neutral
-- destr0yr
"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." -- Douglas Adams

Blaine

Forum User
After some investigation and reviewing it with Vinny. It's not a SR4 bug and can be resolved with a change to the Forum Plugin function.

Replace the function plugin_profileextrassave_forum() with this one in functions.inc

Text Formatted Code

function plugin_profileextrassave_forum()
{
    global $_USER, $HTTP_POST_VARS, $_TABLES;
    require_once ($_CONF['path_html'] . 'forum/include/gf_format.php');
    $uid = $_USER['uid'];
    if ($uid > 1) {
        $location   = gf_preparefordb($HTTP_POST_VARS['forum_location'],'html');
        $aim        = gf_preparefordb($HTTP_POST_VARS['forum_aim'],'html');
        $icq        = gf_preparefordb($HTTP_POST_VARS['forum_icq'],'html');
        $yim        = gf_preparefordb($HTTP_POST_VARS['forum_yim'],'html');
        $msnm       = gf_preparefordb($HTTP_POST_VARS['forum_msnm'],'html');
        $interests  = gf_preparefordb($HTTP_POST_VARS['forum_interests'],'html');
        $occupation = gf_preparefordb($HTTP_POST_VARS['forum_occupation'],'html');
        DB_save ($_TABLES['gf_userinfo'], "uid,location,aim,yim,icq,msnm,interests,occupation",
                 "'$uid','$location','$aim','$yim','$icq','$msnm','$interests','$occupation'");
   }
}

Geeklog components by PortalParts -- www.portalparts.com

destr0yr

Forum User
Thank you.

-- destr0yr
"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." -- Douglas Adams

All times are EDT. The time is now 08:17 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content