Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Sunday, October 06 2024 @ 01:32 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

Need help with Groklaw on Geeklog

Anonymous coward

Anonymous
PJ is running her Groklaw site on Geeklog. The problem is that her articles are receiving hundreds of posts and there is no moderation system. She appears to have a limited choice of portal software because of her hosting arrangement. Here is a story she posted where she describes the problem. Is there anyone in the Geeklog community that could volunteer to create some kind of moderation system hack for Geeklog? Slashdot has a pretty decent one. There are similar hacks for PHPBB.

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Not sure where the above link was supposed to go to (there is no URL in the post), but here is a post on groklaw.net mentioning a feature to hide anonymous posts.

The funny part, of course, is that the above post is from an anonymous poster ...

bye, Dirk

Blaine

Forum User
Well I read some 100 comments on that article and I was still only partially thru the list Wink

Was there any concensus in the end as what would be a solution?
Geeklog components by PortalParts -- www.portalparts.com

ScurvyDawg

Forum User
Groklaw is the GeekLog that gets the most traffic by far. She can even withstand a Slashdotting and thats saying something for well written code for sure.

I can see why PJ would need something to make the relevant comments rise to the top. I read Groklaw at least 5 times a week.

anonymous

Anonymous
What PJ says she would like is a way for herself (and maybe some other approved people) to mark certain articles as "recommended" or "best comment" or something, and to be able to filter the comments based on that criteria. Seems like it should be fairly simple for the devs to implement this feature surely.

It's not anything like moderation involving points or karma or meta-moderation or any other such complex machinations.

All times are EDT. The time is now 01:32 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content