Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Sunday, October 06 2024 @ 07:29 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

Image not uploading in story

diskodan

Anonymous
blah
Hi Guys.
I am trying to attc an image to a story.

So put [image1_left] and then atac the image.
However it's not uploading to the images/articles/ directory. A broken image does appear in the article. When I manually ftp the image to that directory it works. I have the permissions set to 775 of that directoy.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Dan

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
There's an option in config.php:

$_CONF['debug_image_upload'] = true;

It's commented out by default. Activate it and try uploading another image. Then check error.log for any messages.

bye, Dirk

jonimueller

Anonymous
I'm having a similar problem. I'm running imagemagick. I went ahead and added capability for Admins to use the IMG tag, so I can embed images. That works beautifully. I'd still like to have (since it's never worked from the beginning, that's why I enabled the IMG tag usage) the capability of uploading and using the imageX tag.

The placeholder is there. But nothing is uploaded to my images directory, although it and all its subdirectories have been given 777 permission.

What is the problem, since it doesn't even appear to be uploading anything? My webhost allows image uploading.

Thanks!

Joni

The site in question

jonimueller

Anonymous
Further to my above post, I enabled image debugging as Dirk suggested. But the logs (both access and error) are empty. How do I view these logs? Or did you mean my server's logs?

jonimueller

Anonymous
Yeesh. Here's the URL, just cut and paste, I give up trying to make a link:

http://www.ro-jo.net/geeklog

here

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
The 'debug_image_upload' setting should log to Geeklog's error.log. Check your permissions on that file. Try, say, logging in with a user name that doesn't exist to see if it can actually write to error.log.

bye, Dirk

All times are EDT. The time is now 07:29 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content