Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Wednesday, September 18 2024 @ 09:52 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

files to translate

mikulass

Anonymous
Hello,

well, I have found GL quite a great CMS and I plan to use it for my site. However I do need to translate the whole system (hopefully ) into Slovak language. Can you please give me a list of files that contain all messages and menu items that need to be translated? I think that if I would be simply searching each file, that would do no good.

Thanks a lot guys

mikulass

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Geeklog already ships with a slovak.php language file (although I have no idea how good or complete it is). You can switch the language in your Preferences (once you've logged in).

The static pages plugin has its own set of language files (plugins/staticpages/language) and does not include a Slovak translation yet.

bye, Dirk

mikulass

Anonymous
well, I know a little about it however it is not translated in a sufficient extend. That is why I would like to completely translate it. Can you please help me with the files?

Thanks

mikulass

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
I've already pointed the files that you need to translate out to you, so I'm not sure what your problem is. Can you be more specific, please?

bye, Dirk

Robin

Forum User
Quote by mikulass:Can you please help me with the files?

As for Geeklog, language files are located under language directory. You can either correct the slovak.php file or use english.php for you own full translation.

As to plugins:

each plugin has its dir under plugins. Their language files are located also in a dir called language

E.g. Forum
Text Formatted Code
plugins/forum/language/english.php

Copy english.php into slovak.php and translate it.

Geeklog Polish Support Team

mikulass

Anonymous
Great,

thanks, that is what I needed to hear. So in this language directory, in the slovak.php files, are all notes and the whole environment, right? It is great that I do not have to be searching thru all the files as some other CMS requires you to do. Again, thanks! I am always glad that such a great community as this is on the net.

mikulass

All times are EDT. The time is now 09:52 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content