Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Thursday, September 19 2024 @ 07:36 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

How do I set who can post and who can't?

ScottyDISU

Anonymous
Hi everyone,
I've just setup GL and it works great. I'm wanting to set up users so that some of them can post, some can't. I'm using my site as a blog for my apartment, and I want only the residents of the aparment to be able to post stories, not the general public. How would I set that up?

machinari

Forum User
in your admin block, click groups... go to story admin group...
select users from the list of registered users and make sure anonymous user is not in the included list.

something like that anyway...

ScottyDISU

Anonymous
I tried that, and it didn't work. It still lets users not on the list and anonymous users post.

r_f_o_t

Forum User
To stop anon submissions see the config docs.

HTH,

Chuck
Too many hands on my time.

ScottyDISU

Anonymous
THank you, that prevents anons from posting, but how do I set up so only the users I specify can post?

ScottyDISU

Anonymous
I'm trying to figure out how to let anonymous and registered users read all submissions, but only let 3 specific registered users submit stories. I do not want anonymous users and most registered users to be able to submit. How can I do this?

machinari

Forum User
setting permissions on your topics should do the trick if you've done the rest.

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
There is no way to prevent someone from submitting a story to a topic that they can see.

The idea of having "read-only topics" has been discussed before, but hasn't been implemented yet.

bye, Dirk

bruce

Anonymous
dirk, if i create a new group (lets call it Viewers) that has permission to view everything but can't post, would it be difficult to set the "Sign up as a New User" so that new sign ups are part of the "Viewers" group instead of the default "All users" group?? That solution would work for me.

All times are EDT. The time is now 07:36 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content