Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Friday, September 20 2024 @ 05:55 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Manual Digest Error

Crissy

Anonymous
ever since I installed the manual digest on 1.3.9 I am having problems publishing articles as it starts out to be sent to publish immediately and then when I go back in due to it not having published it says a date same date, but 3 hours ahead.

Also will not allow the people who wanted to get the topics sent to them and checked the boxes it will not remember that.

When I tested it on the test site I have it worked and sent mail, but now it does not send digest even if it says it has.

Thanks,
Crissy

Crissy

Anonymous
I did read on here about the hosting company or isp only allowing so much to be sent out, but since no one has yet to have theirs set for it would only be sending to me. I've tried several emails for it to send too and nothing.

Thanks,
Crissy

Crissy

Anonymous
And the test site is on the same domain so if one got sent I would think the other one did too.

Thanks,
Crissy

Quote by Crissy: I did read on here about the hosting company or isp only allowing so much to be sent out, but since no one has yet to have theirs set for it would only be sending to me. I've tried several emails for it to send too and nothing.

Thanks,
Crissy

Crissy

Anonymous
It also keeps defaulting everyone's preferences who have them set to get the digest back to none so they can't get the digest.

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
I very much doubt that your problems have anything to do with the plugin, as it doesn't do anything on its own (or changes anything in Geeklog). It just sits there and waits for you to click on one of its buttons ...

Yes, the plugin can reset people's digest settings, but only if you told it to do so. You make it sound like it's doing that on its own, and that is certainly not possible.

bye, Dirk

Crissy

Anonymous
Well, it only started happening after this plugin was installed so this is why I think it has something to do with the plugin. Also since you have to turn on the regular daily digest in config I am thinking that there is a security device so as not to abuse the system, by constantly sending them which I have no idea, but that would be good incase someone hacked into the site you know?

I will remove the manual digest and see if that fixes it.

Thanks,
Crissy

All times are EDT. The time is now 05:55 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content