Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Friday, September 20 2024 @ 02:39 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Bouncing Daily Digests

bode77

Forum User
I'm using 1.3.8rc2 and for the last month I have been having some (about 1/3) of my Daily Digests being returned for "DNS of sender does not exist" errors. I use a cron job with emailgeekstories, which has been flawless over the last year until this. I can email all users from the Admin account within Geeklog without any bounces. I only get the returns with the cron job running emailgeekstories.

The non-existant domain name returned is "myusername@serverhostname" example is: bode77@titan.hostweb.com, but my geeklog return email address is bode77@dirtylaundry.com. My server has recently undergone "security" updates, about the same time as the problem of the returns, and they insist it is within the scripts.

I have reviewed the documentation and it appears my config.php is still set up correctly. I haven't been able to find any similar posts in the forums, so I'm assuming there must be something simple I have overlooked with the new server changes. Thanks for the help.

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
You could try and install my Manual Digest plugin, then send the digest through the plugin.

The point being that the plugin calls the exact same routine as the cronjob. So if that works, the problem is with the cronjob (and your server's configuration).

bye, Dirk

bode77

Anonymous
Thanks, I'm trying the Manual Digest method. I tried to run the emailgeeklogstories via SSH, but was unable to with the jailhouse ssh on the server.

bode77

Anonymous
The Manual Digest works. No bounces. When the cron runs, I'm getting them back. Any ideas where the problem may lie?

Thanks

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Quote by bode77: Any ideas where the problem may lie?

Well, with the cronjob, obviously.

The emailgeeklogstories script, when called from the cronjob, will be called by the stand-alone PHP interpreter and it seems the configuration for that one is somewhat different than the one that's "included" (as a module or via CGI) with your webserver.

But this is something only your hosting servive can resolve.

bye, Dirk

All times are EDT. The time is now 02:39 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content