Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Monday, September 16 2024 @ 03:26 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

Gallery / Geeklog Integration

jbpaul17

Forum User
Chatty
I'm running Geeklog version 1.3.9sr1 integrated with Gallery version 1.4.4 and have recently noticed a large issue.

I am able to log in to my Geeklog site with Admin credentials, but when I navigate to Gallery I lose my Admin rights. If I try the same with normal user access I am able to maintain rights within Gallery.

I had been running Geeklog & Gallery integrated fine for several months, but only recently have noticed this issue. Has anyone else witnessed this issue? Does anyone know of a workaround?

vinny

Site Admin
Admin
This sounds like a browser cookie issue. My first advice would be to try with a different browser. My second piece of advice would be to wipe out your cookies and your cache and try again.

-Vinny

geKow

Forum User
For me it sounds like a register globals problem. Do you have a such a line in your GALLERY's .htaccess file? If you are running a quite late version of Gallery, you might delete that line (but keep it somewhere if things go worse)

geKow

jbpaul17

Forum User
Chatty
gloomy
I tried a different browser as well as deleting all cookies & clearing my cache. Unfortunately, I still experience the same issues.

I also checked the Gallery .htaccess file and there was no register globals line present.

This has become a somewhat large issue for our site as I rely on our site to post pictures as we lead up to our wedding. Any information that someone can provide would be GREATLY appreciated... any thoughts?

jbpaul17

Forum User
Chatty
stressed
I just upgraded to Geeklog 1.3.9sr2 and Gallery 1.4.4-pl4 and am still experiencing the issues mentioned in my original posting. Any thoughts?
P.S. -- I'm hoping to get this item resolved by the end of the week as my fiancee and I are hoping to demo the site to my parents. Shocked

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Have you tried running the Gallery setup script again? It will ask for your admin password, amongst other things.

I had to do that once or twice on one of my galleries ...

bye, Dirk

jbpaul17

Forum User
Chatty
caffeinated
Dirk,

Yes, I re-ran the Gallery setup script and saved the Gallery confi settings. I've done that three times now and still am seeing the issues from my original posting.

Any thoughts anyone?

Jeff. Can someone help me

All times are EDT. The time is now 03:26 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content