Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Sunday, September 08 2024 @ 12:58 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Please what happened to Geeklog tha last couple of days?

ola_one

Forum User
Hello all,

I was just curious as to why I kept getting SQL error when I tried to reach Geeklog in the past couple of days.

Thanks you

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
The sessions table was corrupt and everyone who could have fixed it was out of town ...

Can't say I'm too happy about that table corruption, especially as it happened for the second time within a short timespan, but other than that, it was just a case of bad timinig.

bye, Dirk

digitalfiasco

Forum User
Chatty
Good thing it was only a table corruption issue and not an isolated issues pertaining to Geeklog. It could have happened to any CMS. I actually thought it was an upgrade issue to version 1.3.11rc2/1.3.11 since you mentioned that you wanted to finalize it by the end of this year.

Speaking of that...how's it coming along? I'm actually testing it on my site and have had no problems to date. Not even table corruptions. Leaves me speechless

Happy new year to all,
Joe

tomw

Forum User
But something is still amiss. The page rendering times have gone through the roof. With 49 users the slowest render time I have seen is 86 seconds and the max was 194 seconds. Way to slow.

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Quote by tomw: But something is still amiss. The page rendering times have gone through the roof. With 49 users the slowest render time I have seen is 86 seconds and the max was 194 seconds. Way to slow.

It's that stupid new variant of the Santy worm. It now attacks all PHP scripts, not just phpBB. Geeklog isn't vulnerable, but since the attacks are automated, that won't stop them

Yesterday's logfile lists more than twice the amount of requests compared to a normal day.

I'll have to look into other ways of stoping this madness Giving it a try

bye, Dirk

Paul

Anonymous
I'm having the same or similar problem:

Sat Jan 1 13:02:18 2005 - 1030: Got error 124 from table handler. SQL in question: DELETE FROM gl_sessions WHERE remote_ip = '********' AND uid = 1

My error.log is filled with errors like this. Is this because the gl_sessions table is corrupted?

Can anyone please tell me how to fix this? I can't even login to my site...it keeps giving me errors.

I'm using Geeklog 1.3.10. Smile

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks. Smile

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Quote by Paul: Sat Jan 1 13:02:18 2005 - 1030: Got error 124 from table handler. SQL in question: DELETE FROM gl_sessions WHERE remote_ip = '********' AND uid = 1

Have you tried repairing the table?

bye, Dirk

Paul

Anonymous
Quote by Dirk:Have you tried repairing the table?

Can you please tell me how to do that please? Smile

Thanks. Smile

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Quote by Paul: Can you please tell me how to do that please? Smile

Use phpMyAdmin, if you have it. Or use this statement from a MySQL command prompt:

REPAIR TABLE gl_sessions;

bye, Dirk

All times are EDT. The time is now 12:58 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content