Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Saturday, September 07 2024 @ 11:09 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

Missing lines in user.php and users.php for 4 images integration

Lacy

Anonymous
determined
I have a 4images integration running fine on another website - no problems - but I guess it is the old versin of Geeklog?

When I tried to set this up on a new server - with the freshest version of GL - I ran into quite a few problems. Doh! - that was a mistake

The two main ones are not being able to properly edit the files. Everything in the manual instructions works fine except for two. The lines we are supposed to find - don't exist in the new files.

Text Formatted Code
9. OPEN <geeklogdir>/public_html/users.php:

#### FIND ####
    DB_change($_TABLES['usercomment'],'commentlimit',$_CONF['comment_limit'],'uid',$uid);

#### PLACE BELOW ####
    // GALLERY
    if ($GLOBALS['photogallery'] == true) {
        DB_query("INSERT INTO 4images_users (user_id,user_level,user_name,user_password,user_email,user_showemail,user_allowemails,user_invisible,user_joindate,user_activationkey,user_lastaction,user_location,user_lastvisit,user_comments,user_homepage,user_icq)
        VALUES ('$uid','2','$username','','$email','1','1','0','$regdate','','','','','','','')");  

and

Text Formatted Code
11. OPEN <geeklogdir>/public_html/admin/user.php:

#### FIND *THE FIRST* ####
    DB_query("INSERT INTO {$_TABLES['userinfo']} (uid) VALUES ($uid)");

#### PLACE BELOW ####
    // GALLERY
        DB_query("INSERT INTO 4images_users (user_id,user_level,user_name,user_password,user_email,user_showemail,user_allowemails,user_invisible,user_joindate,user_activationkey,user_lastaction,user_location,user_lastvisit,user_comments,user_homepage,user_icq)
        VALUES ('$uid','2','$username','','$email','1','1','0','$regdate','','','','','','','')");  

Anyone have a clue how to rework this? I LOVE geeklog AND 4images Big Celebration ... and I guess I could revert back to the old version of geeklog if I had to? But I would love to stay with the current version AND get 4images working properly.

Thoughts??? Can someone help me

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
I'm not familiar with the 4images integration, but some of the user-related code has been moved to system/lib-user.php in recent Geeklog versions. See if you can find it there ...

bye, Dirk

Lacy

Anonymous
One of the missing codes IS in that file ... thanks Smile

For others having this problem .... New instructions for Number 11.

11. OPEN /public_html/system/lib-user.php

DB_query ("INSERT INTO {$_TABLES['userinfo']} (uid) VALUES ($uid)");

#### PLACE BELOW ####
// GALLERY

----------------------------

The wierd thing is that most of #9 is ALSO in this file ... but it doesn't make sense to add the same code to the document twice?

deesh123

Forum User
Junior
What did you end up doing for step 9? Did you get the site working?

geeklog-fan

Anonymous
it works, but in the code in the quote above there is a } missing

}

geeklog-fan

Anonymous
ok.. there is something I need a little help with.. I have made changes to system/lib-user.php (instead of to /users.php) and also to /usersettings.php.. that's done and fully working!

it seems also some changes have been made to admin/user.php, so I can't put the code for admin there..

So I need to put the code somewhere else to make sure when an admin edits an account, the 4images tables are updated as well..

it's all about this code:

11. OPEN /public_html/admin/user.php:

DB_query("INSERT INTO {$_TABLES['userinfo']} (uid) VALUES ($uid)");

#### PLACE BELOW ####
// GALLERY
DB_query("INSERT INTO 4images_users (user_id,user_level,user_name,user_password,user_email,user_showemail,user_allowemails,
user_invisible,user_joindate,user_activationkey,user_lastaction,user_location,user_lastvisit,
user_comments,user_homepage,user_icq)
}

#### FIND ####
DB_query("UPDATE {$_TABLES['users']} SET username = '$username', fullname = '$fullname', passwd = '$passwd', email = '$email', homepage = '$homepage', photo = '$curphoto' WHERE uid = $uid");

#### PLACE BELOW ####
// GALLERY
DB_query("UPDATE 4images_users SET user_name='$username',user_email='$email',user_homepage='$homepage' WHERE user_id=$uid");

where do I have to put this?

manhi

Anonymous
hopeful
Bump.

Interested in this solution myself. praying it will work

geeklog-fan

Anonymous
yes please, somebody willing to help with my last post?

All times are EDT. The time is now 11:09 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content