Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Friday, October 18 2024 @ 07:25 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

What happened

Lars

Anonymous
Hello
I had a previous version of geeklog where all the axonz themes worked well. Now I have vers. 1.3.10 (fresh install) and everything gets messed up? I get the message of missing thtml files and copy the missing files from the profetional theme......but the result is dreadful Sad

vadertech

Forum User
please post your error message.
GeekLog Hosting, Installations and Upgrades - WWW.AWEHOST.COM - Hosting starts @ only $4.95/mo.

Lars

Anonymous
The error message was that archivestory.thtml and archivestorybody.thtml were missing. I copied those files from the profetional theme and the error message vanished. However, the problem is the pictures in stories, they "go beyond" the table limits. I think it's because the commando theme is not a 100% width theme?

Takea look:
http://caoplaton.com/index.php?topic=Dagbok

Lars

Anonymous
Hmmm...that link will not work, sorry

ScurvyDawg

Forum User
Works fine for me.

Nice dogs. No errors

?

Lars

Anonymous
Yes Smile ...but if you change theme to commando or other themes that don't have 100% width then the pictures are all over the place.

machinari

Forum User
you need to upgrade your themes to function with 1.3.10 as there were a few changes and additions.

Lars

Anonymous
Do you know what kind of modifications ?

jetshack

Forum User
compare the theme you want to use with the professional theme that came with .10. If there is a file which is in the professional theme which isn't in the theme you want to use then copy it from the professional theme to the one you want to use.

This should get it working for the most part... there are a few admin problems you might run into, but from a visitors stand point it's all good... if you want to get it going perfect then check out the change file for .10 and see which theme files were changed and how so... I think there's something in the documentation about that.

Lars

Anonymous
Thnx

Actually, I don't know if it's good to keep on modfying those "old themes". At least where I live most ppl buy 17" flatscreens with 1280 x 1024 as native resolution. The old fixed width themes look rather odd then.

So maybe it's better to modify/evolve the profetional theme instead....
Blah Blah Blah Blah ...

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Quote by Lars: Do you know what kind of modifications ?

The theme changes are always documented ...

bye, Dirk

Lars

Anonymous
Yes, I noticed, thnx.
Embarassed

All times are EDT. The time is now 07:25 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content