Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Sunday, October 06 2024 @ 09:32 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Installation error message

rustylw

Forum User
I'm getting the following error messages:
Warning: main(~rusty/geeklog/system/databases/mysql.class.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /Users/rusty/geeklog/system/lib-database.php on line 114

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required '~rusty/geeklog/system/databases/mysql.class.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php') in /Users/rusty/geeklog/system/lib-database.php on line 114

I suspect it must be a path or url issue (from reading the other posts), but I can't seem to figure out which thing is wrong. I appreciate any suggestions.

Rusty

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Quote by rustylw: I suspect it must be a path or url issue

Exactly. Don't use the ~ Use an absolute path instead.

bye, Dirk

jetshack

Forum User
This is from the manual...

I get the following errors:

Warning: main(some/path/to/system/databases/mysql.class.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /path/to/your/system/lib-database.php on line 110

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required 'some/path/to/system/databases/mysql.class.php' (include_path='.:/some/other/path/') in /some/path/to/system/lib-database.php on line 110

(line numbers may vary)

Answer:

The path that you've entered for the $_CONF['path'] variable in config.php is not correct. Make sure you typed it correctly. Also make sure it uses an absolute path, i.e. one that starts at the root of your file system (and that it starts with a / under Unix/Linux or a drive letter under Windows).

you beat me to it Dirk... I didn't like the RTFM answer either.

All times are EDT. The time is now 09:32 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content