Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Friday, September 20 2024 @ 11:27 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

Easiest way for a wiki-like text area?

Matt S.

Anonymous
I would like to have a static page, or an area within a static page, that is freely editable, sort of like a wiki. I don't need fanciness like auto-hyperlinking, or even formatting... just a text scratch pad that visitors can post updates to.

That's the bare minumum of course, more features are always better. Smile

I guess the easiest way to accomplish this is to google up a PHP script and embed it in my static page, but before I start digging I wanted to know if anyone had already tackled this.

FYI, I want to do this as a way for locals in my area to maintain a catalog of playable arcade games--in case you know of any other tools which might be good for this. I am checking out the MultiFAQ plugin now, that might do the trick...

Best,
Matt

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
There's also an integration available for ewiki (search the forums for "ewiki").

bye, Dirk

Matt S.

Anonymous
Dirk, I noticed the eWiki project but at least the site I found made it look like the project was stale.

I just tried multifaq and it seems decent, except there is some kind of weird bug where it isn't saving the text when I edit a Q&A entry. Gonna start another thread on that.

Thanks,
MS

All times are EDT. The time is now 11:27 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content