Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Friday, October 18 2024 @ 06:29 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Trouble importing old database

RickW

Forum User
I want to test out my site redesign in-progress with my current site's database. I (backed up) and wiped out the db (which was using innodb) and created a new one with the same name, and restored a backup from my live site. The live site is running 1.3.9, my redesign is running 1.3.11.

At first I got an error that a function was missing, and I realized I had to have the same plugins so I installed the forum plugin. When I restore the backup, all I get is the error message:

An SQL error has occured. Please see error.log for details.

But there isn't anything in the error log.

Ideas?
www.antisource.com

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Make sure the error.log is writable. Also, did you use the install script to update the database?

bye, Dirk

RickW

Forum User
The error.log is the error log that I can access via my cpanel admin, correct?

I didn't use the install script to upgrade since I'm starting off with a new install of 1.3.11. After I restore the db, should I still run the script? Won't that destroy all of the hacks I just put in my code?
www.antisource.com

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
I'm talking about Geeklog's error.log, in /path/to/geeklog/logs. Which, according to the installation instructions, you should have made writable ...

When you're importing a database from an older version of Geeklog, you have to upgrade the database to make it work with the version you're using. Just like you do with a normal upgrade.

bye, Dirk

RickW

Forum User
Okay all set. That was easy enough... I stopped reading the migration instructions a bit prematurely.
www.antisource.com

All times are EDT. The time is now 06:29 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content