Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Thursday, September 19 2024 @ 05:41 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

Gallery Album Title problem

ltcolumbo

Forum User
Regular Poster
I have one more issue, it's with Gallery.. I when I enable it not to be stand alone, it puts the background tile from the top of my website as the background behind the text. I don't want the integrated gallery because of that, because I can't read the album title. Is this a known issue?

ltcolumbo

Forum User
Regular Poster
If I disable:
background-image: url("{layout_url}/images/logo-bg.gif");

from layout/mytheme/header.thtml, the background image disapears and I can see the album title without that image covering it, but when I re-enable that tiled image, it comes back. There has to be a fix for this somewhere.

ltcolumbo

Forum User
Regular Poster
Ok, I made the gallery available so you all can see what I'm talking about..

http://www.radiationangel.org/gallery/albums.php

geKow

Forum User
Embarassed I'm affraid I don't understand your problem. When I look to your gallery, I can see the album title on every page.

geKow

ltcolumbo

Forum User
Regular Poster
Quote by geKow: Embarassed I'm affraid I don't understand your problem. When I look to your gallery, I can see the album title on every page.

geKow

Weird, to me I see the 1's and 0's image from the top of the page in the background of the text for each Album title in the main menu, underneath each of the main albums it's ok.. it's only on the main page of the Gallery.

knuff

Forum User
Aye, very strange indeed.
Both IE and Firefox shows the black image over the title.

It seems that the style sheet picks up the title attribute and assigns the picture there.

Text Formatted Code

.title {

font-family: tahoma, verdana,  helvetica, arial, sans-serif;

font-size: 11px;

color: #000000;

background-image: url("http://www.radiationangel.org/layout/radangel/images/logo-bg.gif");

}

<td class="mod_title_left"></td>
              <td nowrap class="title">
                                <a href="http://www.radiationangel.org/gallery/workalbums">Work Pictures</a>              </td>
              <td class="mod_title_right"></td>

The quickfix would be to adapt the template files of gallery and change the attribute from title to something else.

Are these the standard templates of gallery ?

Best Regards,
Boris

Vanrillaer.com - our Family Portal

ltcolumbo

Forum User
Regular Poster
I don't know what to assign it to without breaking it.. geeze.. oh well.

ltcolumbo

Forum User
Regular Poster
Quote by knuff: Aye, very strange indeed.
Both IE and Firefox shows the black image over the title.

It seems that the style sheet picks up the title attribute and assigns the picture there.

Text Formatted Code

.title {

font-family: tahoma, verdana,  helvetica, arial, sans-serif;

font-size: 11px;

color: #000000;

background-image: url("http://www.radiationangel.org/layout/radangel/images/logo-bg.gif");

}

<td class="mod_title_left"></td>
              <td nowrap class="title">
                                <a href="http://www.radiationangel.org/gallery/workalbums">Work Pictures</a>              </td>
              <td class="mod_title_right"></td>

The quickfix would be to adapt the template files of gallery and change the attribute from title to something else.

Are these the standard templates of gallery ?

Best Regards,
Boris

That is coming from layout/radangel/header.thtml

not sure how I would change that without messing up the entire site.

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
It's quite simple, actually: In the header.thtml, a CSS class "title" is defined (the bit that knuff quoted). This class is then used for the header of your site (search for class="title" in your header.thtml).

Unfortunately, the Gallery templates also rely on a class named "title" for the album titles. And so it's picking up the same style information for its titles.

Fix: Change the name of the "title" class in your header.thtml to something else.

bye, Dirk

ltcolumbo

Forum User
Regular Poster
Quote by Dirk: It's quite simple, actually: In the header.thtml, a CSS class "title" is defined (the bit that knuff quoted). This class is then used for the header of your site (search for class="title" in your header.thtml).

Unfortunately, the Gallery templates also rely on a class named "title" for the album titles. And so it's picking up the same style information for its titles.

Fix: Change the name of the "title" class in your header.thtml to something else.

bye, Dirk

So I edit the themes header.thtml? I'm not sure which file I should edit.. do I just change the name of the class to any name? Is the gallery template the same filename as the theme file "header.thtml"? Because I didn't find it in gallery.

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Quote by ltcolumbo: Does it have to come from the class file? or can I just make up any name I want?

The class is defined in your header.thtml (the .title { ... that knuff quoted above). And yes, you can replace it with whatever you like - it's just a name. Make sure to change all the references of the class="title" form to class="newname" (in case there's more than one in your header.thtml - haven't checked).

bye, Dirk

ltcolumbo

Forum User
Regular Poster
I changed it and it blanked out the logo on the top of the page.. and there is no corrosponding .title in style.css, just :

style.css:.blocktitle {
style.css:.storytitleleft {
style.css:.storytitleright {
style.css:.commenttitle {
style.css:.weekview-caltitle {
style.css:.dayview-quickaddtitle {

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
If you change the .title { in your header.html to, say, .mytitle { and the class="title" a bit further down to class="mytitle" then it should really work ...

bye, Dirk

ltcolumbo

Forum User
Regular Poster
Quote by Dirk: If you change the .title { in your header.html to, say, .mytitle { and the class="title" a bit further down to class="mytitle" then it should really work ...

bye, Dirk

Thanks.. that made more sense. It worked.

ltcolumbo

Forum User
Regular Poster
I guess my only question now is, how to I manage users? There is no gallery admin group for users in GL that I could see. Do I just make them Administrator?

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
You have to manage them in Gallery itself somewhere (can't remember where that was at the moment).

bye, Dirk

knuff

Forum User

This will give you a good view of what you can do with the GL groups and the Gallery albums.

Furthermore you can set up the default access rights in the Gallery config wizard.

So you could basicly make a new Geeklog group called Gallery and use that in Gallery as a default.

Best Regards,
Boris

knuff

Forum User
we should have an additional hack to the forum, that gives a popup warning DIRK already REPLIED when us no so fast people are in reply mode Mr. Green

All times are EDT. The time is now 05:41 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content