Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Sunday, October 06 2024 @ 09:23 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Static page help

shugh8

Anonymous
Hello,

I am trying to get static pages working. I configure the static page template and save it. When I click on the menu I get a 404 page not found. I have created a staticpages directory but nothing is being saved there. I assume the data is stored in a database but shouldn't something be in the directory? I have tried saving the index.php file there but get a can't read lib-common.php error.

I know this is probably an easy fix but the answer eludes me. Thanks in advance for any help.

shugh8

Anonymous
I have tried this on the Geeklog demo page and it worked fine.

My site is http://www.fightaids.us and click on the Test link on the menu. Does this link call upon the main index.php located in the public directory?

machinari

Forum User
what "template" did you configure? Staticpages don't involve configuring templates AFAIK. ...and why would you need to create a staticpages directory when one should already exist with the staticpages index.php already there?

and you are right, staticpage content is stored in the database, i.e., whatever you typed into the staticpage editor goes into the database.

Did you create the menu link manually? or was it generated by the plug-in? Perhaps double check your page ID in the link with the one showing in your edito/databaser.

shugh8

Anonymous
Not template but the static page editor. When I created the site, I received errors for images missing from the staticpages directory. I created one in the public_html directory.

I see the staticpages dir under admin with an index.php file but the links are calling for /public_html/staticpages/* and not /admin/staticpages. The link was generated by the staticpage automatically and they match. I also see the information in the gl_staticpages database.

It just appears a problem with the file that is called for the link.

beewee

Forum User
Have you tried uninstalling and re-installing the Static Pages plugin? Which Geeklog version are you running (in the older versions Static Pages were not included).

What's in the error log?
Dutch Geeklog sites about camping/hiking:
www.kampeerzaken.nl | www.campersite.nl | www.caravans.nl | www.caravans.net

machinari

Forum User
the index.php in the admin dir and that which should be in the public dir should be different and both are required--fyi.

that said, I would copy a new staticpages public dir from the gl tarball to your server. This will supply the dir with the proper index.php. The link should work then. Another possibility is a url rewrite issue, but I know nothing about that one.

shugh8

Anonymous
That did it. I deleted the old staticpages directory and uploaded from the tar.

Thanks for your help.

All times are EDT. The time is now 09:23 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content