Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Friday, September 20 2024 @ 07:31 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Installation Issues

luskan

Anonymous
indescribable
first of all i'm sorry for posting this question. I know you all accually got other things better to do but i cant get this straight.

I been reading in the forums for the past couple of hours and there was alot of simular questions to this but nothin that really answered my question so here I go

I uploaded everything with FTP and unzipped it with WINRAR so there should be no corrupted files.

i edited the config.php and lib-common.php and checked them over tons of times so i am almost guaranteed they are workin correctly

but when i goto the next screen i get a blank page (I know like many people seem to get.) but the URL stays as install.php. I notice most everyone elses shows success.php.

I checked and nothing was made in my database so i know it didnt make it that far.

I also double checked my database info and all of that is correct also.

I checked the error log and it shows nothing as well.

Can anyone shoot me a couple ideas to get me on the right track here. Sorry again to ask and thank you for all the help. Let me know if there is anything i can do to help solve the problem

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Quote by luskan: but when i goto the next screen i get a blank page (I know like many people seem to get.) but the URL stays as install.php. I notice most everyone elses shows success.php.

The second screen of the install is still on install.php. See Blank page.

bye, Dirk

luskan

Anonymous
I did everything that the thread you sent me to told me to do Dirk and I still get a blank page. Nothing changed. I ran the info.php and my globals was changed to on so i know its working.... Is there anything i can show on here to help narrow down what my problem might be. I am stumped. Thanks.

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
More information about what system you're on would be helpful ...

If you're on PHP 5, for example, make sure register_long_arrays = on, see Geeklog on PHP 5

bye, Dirk

All times are EDT. The time is now 07:31 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content