Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Friday, September 20 2024 @ 12:13 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Parse error in RSS feed

beewee

Forum User
Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_STRING in /usr/home/kpzaken/domains/kampeerzaken.nl/public_html/backend/rss.xml on line 1

What's happened? I know I tried to put a feed in a static page, and changed lib-custom.php, but I restored the old one after that, deleted the static page and block as well....Also tried to make a new feed, same error...
Dutch Geeklog sites about camping/hiking:
www.kampeerzaken.nl | www.campersite.nl | www.caravans.nl | www.caravans.net

beewee

Forum User
Anyone? I'm getting a bit desperate since 25% of my traffic is through my RSS feed...

The extra feed I created (and deleted later) to try putting a feed in a static page created this error in the log: http://www.***.nl/backend/**.xml: junk after document element at line 2

BTW putting that feed in a static page worked fine, the trouble came after uninstalling it...

Marites

Forum User
Chatty
I have trouble with RSS feeds if I use certain characters for instance & ñ that is the n with the accent above, in fact any character above the normal range. I have reported this a considerable time ago but just creat my articles without these characters. I get the problem in the title and body which is used in the RSS.

Check in your backend folder to see if you have any unusual characters in the text remove them and try again.

Hopefully that is what it is as the error is the same as I get.

Marites

Quote by beewee: Anyone? I'm getting a bit desperate since 25% of my traffic is through my RSS feed...

The extra feed I created (and deleted later) to try putting a feed in a static page created this error in the log: http://www.***.nl/backend/**.xml: junk after document element at line 2

BTW putting that feed in a static page worked fine, the trouble came after uninstalling it...

beewee

Forum User
Remove the strange characters, but not the error... Question Question Question

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
I have a hard time even understanding the problem ...

You put an RSS feed in a static page? How so? It's XML - how is that supposed to work? Or what is it supposed to do?

bye, Dirk

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Quote by Marites: I have trouble with RSS feeds if I use certain characters for instance & ñ that is the n with the accent above, in fact any character above the normal range.

That sounds more like an issue with the character set. I.e. you should use the correct character set for the feed.

Quote by Marites: I have reported this a considerable time ago but just creat my articles without these characters. I get the problem in the title and body which is used in the RSS.

Does this have anything to do with this bug report?

bye, Dirk

Marites

Forum User
Chatty
As far as I know we are using the correct character sets - which one do you call correct Very Happy

Quote by Dirk:
Quote by Marites: I have trouble with RSS feeds if I use certain characters for instance & ñ that is the n with the accent above, in fact any character above the normal range.

That sounds more like an issue with the character set. I.e. you should use the correct character set for the feed.

Quote by Marites: I have reported this a considerable time ago but just creat my articles without these characters. I get the problem in the title and body which is used in the RSS.

Does this have anything to do with this bug report?

bye, Dirk

It does Dirk certainly I and a number of other sites who wrote to me said they could not put & and foreign characters in the title or opening part of an article that was to appear the feed. I use the Title and first 150 characters of the article. FYI I have put 10100 articles through my GL installation this past year - I have learned not to use the characters that cause the problems. 1.3.11 is worse btw with far more characters being rejected.

Tess

All times are EDT. The time is now 12:13 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content