Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Monday, September 16 2024 @ 04:11 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

Error while installing phpbbbridge, probably simple

Brent

Anonymous
working
Hey Guys and Gals,

I'm very new to this, and I can't seem to figure out what is wrong. I have followed the instructions given for phpbbridge up to #8 and when I click "install" in the Geeklog plugin admin page the error msg I'm getting is:

Warning: main(/public_html/phpBB2/extension.inc): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/juicedom/plugins/phpbbbridge/functions.inc on line 72

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required '/public_html/phpBB2/extension.inc' (include_path='/home/juicedom/system/pear/:.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/juicedom/plugins/phpbbbridge/functions.inc on line 72

I would really appreciate any insite. thanks

Turias

Forum User
Your 'path_to_phpbb' setting in the plugin's config.php file is incorrect. Make sure it refers to the full path of your phpBB directory.

Brent

Anonymous
Ack!, that was the problem, and I have installed it but now when I go to the main page I get this:

Template Error: set_root: /home/juicedom/public_html/layout/professional/phpbbbridge/templates is not a directory.
Halted.

Brent

Anonymous
tired
well, I'm assuming that the problem above is that I don't have the "professional" template for phpbb, I assumed that the phpbbbridge would fix that but maybe I've done something wrong. If it is something I have to do manually , any Idea where I could find the files to put in the phpbbbridge/template directory?

Again any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Turias

Forum User
You are getting this error because you didn't follow step 3 of the install instructions.

Text Formatted Code
Move a copy of geeklog/public_html/layout/your_theme/phpbbbridge to every theme folder you have under /path/to/geeklog/public_html/layout

Brent

Anonymous
Hey, That did work, and now the site is back up,,, however nothing on the site works lol, the page is www.juicedome.com/index.php and when I try to enter the fourm I get an error about a page header function:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: com_siteheader() in /home/juicedom/public_html/phpBB2/includes/page_header.php on line 350

I really appreciate all the help thusfar, and I'm starting to get the hang of it, any advide on this problem would be great.

Thanks again

All times are EDT. The time is now 04:11 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content