Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Thursday, September 19 2024 @ 10:55 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

Finishing first website, a few questions

TylerB

Anonymous
excited
Greetings,
I a freshmen at Saint Loius University and for a Marketing Project I decided to build my own website. The basis is a portal/weblog for college students to come and talk about fashion and business, my two favorite things.

I searched through many server-side blogging tools, but nothing met my needs like GeekLog has, and I love it.

It was frustrating at first to learn how to install the GL, I had no prior web hosting or html experience before the, but I'm proud of myself that I did and how much I know from it.

If you check out my website EastMeetsMidwest you can see that I have learned to play around with the theme files.

Before I take the website "public" and present it to my professor there are a few more things I need to add, and I have questions about those.

Here are my questions:

1) What is the forum that this site uses? Is it forum 2.5 or phpBB2? Also, is the center block on the start page with all of the forum info part of the integration plugin?

2) I would like to add a gallery space for the fashion section. I understand there are multiple solutions: Gallery, Gallery2, 4images, various others. I noticed that G2 isn't very stable yet, is this true or have they fixed this yet? Also which is the best?

3) I still have not been able to register globals on. I read the post here, and I tried both a php.ini file and .htaccess file with the suggested line. However, I only copy and pasted the single line, didn't add anyother code. Also, i don't exactly know where to put them, so I put on in my root folder, and another in my public_html.

Thanks for any help. If you have any comments on my website that I could change I would appreciate it, it counts for my final so I would like to do well. Thanks again.

vadertech

Forum User
Answer to #1:

The standard forum that Geeklog uses is a plugin written specifically for Geeklog by Blaine @ portalparts.com. The forum centerblock is included when you install the forum plugin.

You can also integrate phpbb2 forum with Geeklog using the phpbridge plugin.

Also as for comments on your site, I don't think the dark red and black compliment the other colors but that's your preference.

here is a tool that might help with that.
GeekLog Hosting, Installations and Upgrades - WWW.AWEHOST.COM - Hosting starts @ only $4.95/mo.

TylerB.

Anonymous
cheerful
Thanks for the info.

I really appreciate the color scheme website to, I'll try to fix things up tonight.

More input would be appreciated. Thanks.

All times are EDT. The time is now 10:55 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content