Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Saturday, September 07 2024 @ 09:15 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

Plugins not working with 1.4.0b1

TechSys

Forum User
Regular Poster
I have tried the menu plugin and mediagallery plugin, both do not install. I do get the page to install them, but when I try, it just goes back to the page to install them saying plugin is not installed.
Could this be due to the plugins being too old for 1.4.0b1? Or could it be the plugin install thing for geeklog isn't working on this version yet (which I doubt since it looks like geeklog.net is using the menu plugin)?
I have checked everything far too many times to make sure I have done what was needed.
Are there going to be upgrades to the menu plugin soon?

Edited.. I just tried the forum 2.5 RC1.3_1.3.11 plugin also, got the same thing. This is confusing me now
http://70.145.174.180/

mevans

Forum User
The current release of Media Gallery (v0.92b) is missing one very important line to enable it to install properly on Geeklog v1.40 with register_globals turned off. See this topic at www.mediagallery.org for details on fixing the issue so it will install on GL 1.40.

Thanks!
Mark

machinari

Forum User
the issue mark is talking about for his gallery plugin is the same for the 2.5 version of the forum and probably for the menu plugin as well...

If you have register globals off, once you get past the install, other issues may arise if you are running plugins designed to work with register globals on--keep that in mind.

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Many plugins are based on the "Universal Plugin" sample code from the Plugin Developers Guide and they all share that same problem, i.e. they won't install when register_globals = off.

Three of the four plugins in 1.4.0b1 now use new (more or less) generic install code that doesn't have that problem. Once 1.4.0 is officially out, we'll probably recommend to use that code for any new plugins.

bye, Dirk

TechSys

Forum User
Regular Poster
well heck. I got the mediagallery working by changing the install.php as suggested. Just for kicks I did the same to the forum and it worked.

Thanks for the headsup. I know I may run into problems using that, but that's why I am testing things first. Smile
http://70.145.174.180/

davkou

Forum User
Can someone show me how to get menu plugin installed?

I tried the link to mediagallery.org but it has been removed.

Thanks.

David

mevans

Forum User
Davkou,

Sorry about that, I changed forum software which made some of these older posts point to an invalid forum.

The forum entry is here which discusses modifying the install.php code with plugins to get them to work with register_globals off.

Hopefully this will get you a little further.

Thanks!
Mark

All times are EDT. The time is now 09:15 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content