Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Friday, September 20 2024 @ 11:37 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Can Geeklog do the following three things

Cody Heit

Anonymous
Hi Everyone

I'm currently looking for some groupware software and would like to know if Geeklog can do the following three things:

News Manager with the ability to create news for different users. So that I can create news but certain users will not see it but then the other users can. Also with the ability to allow a few users to create news and also edit it in their news area.

Document Manager with the ability to only allow certain people to edit and view different folders in the document manager.

Different home page for different Users which can be customised to display different things.

If these are possible are they in the default install if not then what modules are they and where do I get them from?

Thanks

1000ideen

Forum User
>>News Manager with the ability to create news for different users. <<
Yes.

>>edit and view different folders<<
And what is supposed to be in the folders, the are not empty? Would these be GL stories? Basically: YES.

>>Different home page for different Users<<
Yes

If it is possible with a default installation or a hack or plugin really depends on details. What is a "Different home page for different Users"? Just another greeting on the front page or different header picture, colours etc? Both is possible.

All times are EDT. The time is now 11:37 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content