Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Sunday, September 08 2024 @ 01:07 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Correct directory tree for version 1.3.11sr3? I have many path errors

wocas

Anonymous
I'm a new user. I just installed Geeklog 1.3.11sr3, and it seems to be working, except that many files are not where Geeklog expects them to be. Has anyone written down the correct directory tree?

I've sorted out the usual problems with the path to config.php. The errors I'm getting now are just because the organization of the tar package I uploaded doesn't match the program. For instance, the program looks for block.php and moderation.php in .../geeklog/admin/, but the directory tree in the tar file is .../geeklog/public-html/admin/.

The installation gave me these folders and files at the top level:

geeklog/
___ language
___ data
___ backups
___ logs
___ plugins
___ public_html
___ sql
___ system
___ config.php
___ emailgeeklogstories
___ readme

I had to move users.php from the public_html folder to the geeklog folder to get to the point where I could log in as Admin; then it became clear that all of the Admin functions are mis-placed as well. I tried just moving the whole admin folder, but that resulted in a new raft of errors. There's got to be an easy way to do this. (I hope!)

Does anyone have a list of where the files should be located, please? Or would a download of a different version show me the proper tree structure?

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
You may want to read the bit about public_html in the installation instructions again.

Or try Alternative installation instructions

bye, Dirk

wocas

Anonymous
Thank you!! I apologize, I had not understood the bit about moving the public_html files in the instructions and skipped over that bit. I moved the stuff and changed the paths in config.php and it's working like a charm.

Many, many thanks. Very Happy

All times are EDT. The time is now 01:07 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content