Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Saturday, September 14 2024 @ 06:40 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

How do I add a new banner.

delta5

Anonymous
Hello, I just installed the latest vers of geelog and I want to add a new banner and remove the geeklog logo. I found the geeklog logo and it is a .png file, and my banner is a .gif file. Can you tell me how to replace this file and update any config files? thanks Smile

delta5

Anonymous
Or is it possible to put a banner in the empty space next to the geeklog logo?

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin

buckwildbill

Forum User
Chatty
Check the FAQs.

http://www.geeklog.net/faqman/index.php?op=view&t=63

and you could place another logo next to the geeklog one if you wanted in the header.thtml file in your theme.

delta5

Anonymous
If i replace the .png file wit the .gif banner, do i have to rename it to logo.png or will it stay the same. Sorry, i am new to this... Can someone help me

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
As explained in the FAQ article: The Professional theme uses PNG images, so if you want to keep the {site_logo} variable, the new file has to be in PNG format, too. Otherwise, just replace that variable with a plain HTML IMG tag pointing to your logo (in which case the format doesn't matter).

bye, Dirk

creepstarr@gmail.com

Anonymous
On the topic of adding a new banner or site_logo, I am also having this problem. However, the faq doesn't address this problem. When I change the {site_logo} variable to a hard link to an image, the image displays as expected only on the front page! When I click on any other pages, I get a broken image link! Is there any way I can modify whatever {site_logo} is? I have tried searching for files with text site_logo in them in the professional theme folder and found nothing!

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Use the complete URL for your image, including http://...

bye, Dir

All times are EDT. The time is now 06:40 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content